– Master storyteller who creates content across multiple platforms: business-to-
business, business-to-consumer, fiction and non-fiction, and much more.
— Analyze marketing: target audience, business goals, communication streams
and messaging consistency, audience retention/ growth/ conversion.
— Create SEO-rich content and dynamic online campaigns.
Author of Fiction & Non-Fiction
• Only Everything
— This novel, to be written over 2013/14, was funded by a Kickstarter
campaign that I designed, implemented, and executed, raising $30K in 30 days.
• The Heart of Zen: Enlightenment, Emotional Maturity, and What it Really Takes for
— to be published by North Atlantic Books in the spring of 2014.
• A Heart Blown Open
– Published in 2012, this is the biography of an American Zen
master. Silver Medal winner from Nautilus Book Awards, and a finalist for the 2012
Book of the Year Award
from Foreword Reviews.
• The Mysterious Divination of Tea Leaves & Other Tales
– This collection of 12 short
stories was published by O-Books in February 2009.
Senior Writer & Brand Marketing Strategist
Working as an independent contractor for a wide variety of industries.
• The New York Times Syndicate — Create ongoing, high-level business-to-business
content designed to help the NYT’s Syndicate sell copy to other news organizations.
• The Way of the Happy Woman — Helped to create overarching branding strategy,
email campaigns, and brand consistency to blend this company with an individual’s
brand, leading to a 400% increase revenue. www.saraavantstover.com
• WishGarden Herbs — Researched and wrote site content in a SEO-rich format for this
online seller of medicinal herbs, leading to a 600% increase in the site’s revenue.
• Kira, Incorporated – Conceived, researched, and rewrote entire website and
information architecture for this $500M facilities maintenance company. www.kira.com
• RennerBrown — Conceived, researched, and rewrote entire website and information
architecture for this IT Consulting company. www.rennerbrown.com
• CPO Advantage — Created all original content for this medical supply procurement
• W.J. Castle Group — Conceived, researched, and wrote all content and information
architecture for this underwater marine engineering firm. Also wrote all content for
their print brochure. www.wjcastlegroup.com
• Egbert & Barnes, LLC — Conceived, researched, and wrote all content and
information architecture for this Delaware Valley law firm. www.eblawyers.net
Marketing Director, Integral Life
Responsible for managing and integrating all Design, Web/Technology, Communications,
and Marketing for a member-driven think tank with a difficult-to-communicate mission.
Integral Life had a fractured brand, chaotic communications, and dysfunctional internal
processes. I integrated Design, Technology, Marketing, and Communications into a single
dynamic brand department with an organized communications process.
I maintained their suite of websites and created and maintained promotional landing pages,
eNewsletters, and eCommerce efforts using Adobe DreamWeaver, as well as additional
HTML programming. I also managed the CRM database.
Developed Web, email, and print-based materials for a wide variety of companies.
• Actelion Pharmaceutical, Ventavis for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) –
Conceived, researched, and wrote multi-tiered educational and compliance email
program for registered users [comprised of 15 dynamic emails]. [Winner 2007 Internet
Advertising Competition Award for Outstanding Achievement in Internet Advertising]
www.4ventavis.com. The program is at www.VentavisSureSteps.com
• Visit Delaware – Created original Web content and dynamic information architecture
for the complete re-branding of this state-run tourism site. www.visitdelaware.com
• Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Tasmar, an adjunct therapy for Parkinson’s Disease –
Conceived, researched, and rewrote patient and HCP sections of this website to reflect
major change in FDA labeling. www.tasmar.com
• Aveeno Skin Care – Wrote entire site content for the launching of the Aveeno website.
2000 - 2005 Copywriter
Developed Web and print-based materials for a wide variety of pharmaceuticals.
• Ortho Biotech, Procrit — Conceived, researched, and wrote 28 segmented, content-
rich newsletters designed for newly diagnosed cancer patients undergoing
chemotherapy, to be delivered over a ten-month period.
• OrthoMcNeil, Ultracet — Created website content, banner ads to take advantage of the
Vioxx fallout, and marketing materials designed to take up the Vioxx market share.
• Pfizer, Aricept, Xanax XR — Created websites, banner ads, and marketing materials
• Bristol-Myers Squibb, Plavix — Created a website, banner ads, television script, and
• Allergan, Botox — Created website content.
• Roche, Tamiflu — Created educational website for HCPs on treating herpes, as well
as a patient newsletter for herpes sufferers.
• Centocor, Remicade — Conducted a major update on website content and information
architecture, search engine optimization, creation of landing pages for SEO, targeted
Additional Non-Pharma Clients
: Deloitte Consulting, United Way, Sunoco Logistics, Fleet Capital Leasing, Bed Bath & Beyond, CIGNA, dozens of smaller companies.
• Northern Shaolin Kung Fu teacher and practitioner for 19+ years.
• Ordained Zen Priest in the Rinzai Zen tradition.
References available upon request
COMUNE DI ALTISSIMO N. 43 del Reg. Delib. N. 532 di Prot. VERBALE DI DELIBERAZIONE DEL CONSIGLIO COMUNALE IL PRESIDENTE Adunanza straordinaria in 1^ convocazione – Seduta pubblica O G G E T T O IL SEGRETARIO COMUNALE APPROVAZIONE ORDINE DEL GIORNO SUI MANCATI LAVORI SULLA STRADA PROVINCIALE N. 44 “DELLA CAMPANELLA” DI COLLEGAMENTO DEL COMUNE DI ALTISS
A MEASURE OF THE INFORMATION CONTENT OF NEURAL SPIKE TRAINS Miguel A. Jiménez-Montaño, Thorsten Pöschel* and Paul E. Rapp** Departamento de Física y Matemáticas, Universidad d e las Américas/Puebla Sta. Catarina Mártir, 72820* Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Institut für Physik,Invalindenstrasse 110, D-10115 Berlin, Germany. http://summa.physik.hu-berlin.de:80/~thorsten**Departm