1. Which of the following is NOT
9. Motor fl uctuations are best
regarded as a cardinal symptom of
defi ned as:
Before December 7, 2011, print this page, complete the
multiple choice questions by circling the correct answer and
2. All of the following are common
mail or fax to: ADVANCE for Nurses, Learning Scope, 2900
“non-motor” symptoms of PD
Horizon Dr., King of Prussia, PA 19406; 610-278-1426.
10. The patient with PD is at risk for all
of the following in the late stages of
For accuracy, please print clearly. (N04)
3. The gold standard of drug therapy
JOE E. SUBSCRIBER
for PD is:
MERION PUB, PA 19406
1. I can describe the complex
4. The diagnosis of PD is based
symptom profi le and complications
of Parkinson’s disease.
a. abnormalities of the midbrain seen on
Make check (any checks returned for non-suffi cient funds
will be assessed a $25 service fee) or money order payable
to Merion Publications Learning Scope, 2900 Horizon Dr.,
5. Patients with PD should be cautious
2. I can discuss the treatment and
King of Prussia, PA 19406, or pay by credit card:
of high protein intake primarily
management options for
● American Express ● Visa ● MasterCard ● Discover
d. increased protein reduces the liver’s
3. I can discuss nursing strategies
for Parkinson’s disease care in
6. Deep brain stimulation:
various clinical settings.
Keep ADVANCE Coming!
a. is a viable treatment option for most
This may be only a trial copy or it may be time to renew.
You won’t continue to
receive ADVANCE for Nurses
unless you contact us for your FREE subscription.
I am a Nurse, sign me up!
● I prefer to receive a PRINT SUBSCRIPTION.
● I prefer to receive the DIGITAL EDITION.
(e-mail address required below)
4. The objectives relate to the
● I prefer to receive BOTH
a print and digital edition. (e-mail address required below)
d. is only being used for patients with PD
overall goal of the article.
7. All of the following are appropriate
treatment options for psychosis in PD
that best describes your position (fi ll in just one circle completely)
5. The article is well-written and
logically organized, and defi nes
8. The most critical nursing issue for
patients with PD who are
that best describes your setting (fi ll in just one circle completely)
● Nursing/Clinical Informatics ● Sales/Marketing
W W W. A D VA N C E W E B . C O M / N U R S E S ■ DECEMBER 7, 2009 ■ FLORIDA ■ ADVANCE FOR NURSES 1 9
The effects of doxorubicin and PXD101 on diffuse large B-cell lymphoma cell lines DB and SUFirst of all, I would like to thank my research methods and biotechnology teacher at Tucson High Magnet School, Margaret Wilch for all of her support, mentoring, and guidance. She taught me basic laboratory techniques that were vital to my research, edited, and gave me suggestions on all of my research pap
THE INFERTILITY SUPPORT NETWORK NEWSLETTER http://www.infertility-support.org.za August / September 2009 2009 – Issue 4 On a daily basis, each of us is bombarded by all types of influences – ranging from the people we meet and socialize with to the negative and positive experiences we did not plan for. Through it all, we need to extract the best from each experience so th