Journal Entry - Standard Getting Started When to Use the InDEPTh Journal Entry – Standard Document
Standard Journal Entries - No Feed to FRS, are used to record adjustments to expense or revenue transactions in order to correct the distribution of cost codes, sub-accounts,
and sub-subcodes. Your entries in this document wil not affect FRS.
2. Click on the InDEPTh Explorer Icon (the file folder with a magnifying
glass). Your screen wil empty for a second and return with the
3. On the left side of the explorer window, click on the file folder for your
Creating a New Journal Entry - Standard Document
1. Right-click in the right-side area of the InDEPTh Explorer window.
2. In the drop-down menu, click on “New.” 3. The “New Window” opens 4. Click on Inst. Documents Tab 5. Double click on the Journal Entry - Standard icon (the tablet with a
6. A new Journal Entry document will open.
Assigning a Unique Title
1. In the Title field, using upper and lower case, enter a unique title.
The title is an important search field. We strongly suggest that you
establish a convention or protocol on how to consistently name your
documents, and recommend using “Correcting” and the original
document number, followed by your initials. For example:
2. Close your document by clicking the “X” in its upper right-hand corner 3. Click “Yes” to save changes 4. Click “Save” to save document 5. Close the “New” window 6. Locate your newly created document 7. Open your new document and begin entering details
InDEPTh Training Manual
Journal Entry - Standard
Fol owing the previous steps, you should already have entered a unique
This field defaults to the current fiscal year; you may need to change it
because the FY must be the same as the original transaction. Effective Date
Defaults to today’s date. You will need to modify it to be the same
date as the original transaction. [This date appears on the Items
Enter information that adequately explains why you are processing this
document. For example: “To correct cost coding on DR#####”.
Admin Contact and Other Contact
Click on the yellow pick-icon and select the appropriate name from the
If the contact is not listed, you can call 962-4357 or create a Remedy
ticket. If the contact information or phone number is incorrect, contact
Enter by typing your four-digit department number or selecting it from
InDEPTh Training Manual
Journal Entry - Standard Items Tab – Page 1 Items Tab – Selecting Records to Import
Right-click anywhere on the Items Tab and from the subsequent drop-
down menu, click on “Select Journal Entry Transactions”. A
“Transactions Search” window wil appear.
InDEPTh Training Manual
Journal Entry - Standard Items Tab – Page 2 Journal Entry – Standard Transactions Search Window
In the search window columns, enter the fol owing:
1. Account – type in six digit account number without the dash.
2. Subcode – type in four digit subcode.
3. Ref 1 – type in the reference number for documents that feed to
4. Doc ID – type in either the Transaction Redistribution or Journal
5. Tran FY – type in four digit fiscal year. For example: 2007.
6. Legacy Proc Month – type in the two digit processing month. For
Once you have entered the above search criteria, click the “Retrieve” button at the bottom
of the search window, highlight the appropriate transaction and click the “Select” button.
You will see ***CORRECTION*** beside the Ref 2 field. The original account, subcode
and cost code are automatical y reversed.
Correct The Entry
Select the appropriate account/subAccount, subcode/sub-subcode or
cost code to correct the original transaction.
Debit and Credit account/subcode must be the same as the original transaction.
This field allows departments to describe (up to 25 characters) the
transaction. This field appears on cost code reports.
Selecting Additional Transactions
Right-click in gray area under the previous item and choose “Select
Journal Entry Transactions”. A “Transactions Search” window will
appear. Repeat the steps in the Items Tab section.
InDEPTh Training Manual Journal Entry - Standard Completing Your Document Funding View Tab
Make sure account numbers, subcodes, and cost codes are correct.
The Funding View Tab is a view-only display. To change funding
information, you must go to the Items Tab and modify the correcting
User Attributes Tab
The majority of departments do not use User Attributes; however, if
your department does use them, they will be listed on this tab. Click on
the appropriate User Attribute at the top of the screen. Once you do
this, an entry field wil appear at the bottom of the window. You may
select a value from the drop-down menu for that field.
To create attachments in your document, fol ow these steps:
1. Right click in gray area and choose New. 2. Select Attachments type, Notepad or Annotation. 3. Enter remarks, maximum of 128 characters. 4. The text in the remarks section will be printed on the Journal
5. You may type a long justification in the lower section. Text
entered here must be printed separately and attached to the
Saving and Submitting the Document
1. Right click in a blank, gray area in the document
2. Choose “Close and Submit” from the drop-down menu.
3. If you need to re-edit after submitting your document, right-
click on its title, and choose “Suspend/Modify.” The document
wil open and al ow you to make changes. Then you can
Printing the Journal Entry Detail Sheet
1. Make sure your document is in “Approvals Pending” status.
2. Right click on the document, you can select either “Print
3. If you select “Print Preview”, your document will appear. To
print, click on the printer icon in the preview window.
4. If you select “Print”, the document wil print to your default
5. Close preview window by clicking on “X” in upper right hand
6. Do not send the Journal Entry Detail Sheet to the
Administrative Office Building. This document is strictly for
№ de Sécurité Sociale : _ / _ _ / _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ HISTORIQUE MEDICAL Ces informations sont confidentielles et réservées à l’usage exclusif de votre chirurgien-dentiste dans le cadre de son exercice professionnel. Votre adresse email peut être utilisée dans le cadre de notre mission d’information en matière de prévention et de santé bucco-dentaire. A quand rem
Curriculum Vitae Irina M. Pines, MD Address: Denver Health 700 Delaware St. Denver, CO 80206 Education: 1978 B.S. Kaunas Medical Institute, Lithuania M.D. Kaunas Medical Institute, Lithuania Postdoctoral Training: 1981-1982 Intern in Medicine and Cardiology, Vilnius, Lithuania internal Medicine Residency, Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center, Denver, CO Exa